Dancing on my own


photo by randombaubles

The last video of us dancing, featured below, four days before the studio had to close. The tricky bit will be maintaining the technique we've learned when all we have is a backyard path. I foresee lots of quickstep hop step and jump stuff while keeping our posture in our future!

So I'm not really 'dancing on my own'. I am fortunate enough to live with my dance partner. However, his interest in practicing, at the best of times, is little to none.

I have seen a few videos popping up on Instagram (check out this one of Edita Daniute, for example) where people are dancing in their living rooms. And yes, even if you can only manage the first one or two bars of a waltz, it's something rather than nothing.

So stay posted, I'm working on a quick video of myself and hubby attempting a similar challenge in our tiny space! And possibly that quickstep outside, just for giggles.

Enjoy the little things!

- Ineke (randombaubles)

Comments


image by randombaubles, CC BY-NC-SA 4.0